POSITION OVERVIEW: Part-time, casual position. Weighs trucks in and out of the scales at the community forest yard. Team oriented worker with the community forest. Working independently at the scale house. Hours can be at times an early shift, dependent on weather. Basic computer skills for data entry and knowledge of computer programs.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Attending to the weighing in and out of logging trucks at the scale house.
- Keep the scales and scale house clean of debris, mud, ice and snow.
- Be firm on policies applying to the scales yard.
- Good communication skills
- Respectful to all workers and contractors
- Radio operation for communication
- Excel spreadsheets experience
- Strong communication skills both verbal and electronic
- Clean Criminal Record Check and pass a Drug and Alcohol test
- Must work well with team members and contractors
- Training available for the right candidate
Applicants will send a resume, a cover letter with contact details and references, in confidence to: Craig Pryor, Manager, Valemount Community Forest LP c/o P.O. Box 1017, Valemount, BC. V0E 2Z0, email@example.com. Open until filled.
Thank you for your interest; however, only those applicants invited for an interview will be contacted.
At this time the Management is developing a:
Directory of Tradespeople for invitations to Tender-projects or hourly work
Contractors, Tradespeople, (construction, welding, electricians, skilled workers)
and people interested in working at the mill once it is finished.
Having your name in the directory lets the VIP have access to your skillset and/or company.
Please send your resume:
Valemount Industrial Park
PO Box 1017,
Or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org